The Master of Education course is for educators from all levels of education who are interested in personal and professional growth in specialized areas in education. It is a 2 year course that offers popular specialisations areas such as TESL, Early Childhood Education, Instructional Technology, Nursing Education and more.
Delivery of course is through blended learning - a combination of face to face tutorials and online learning.
- Research Methods in Education
- Statistics in Education
- Qualitative Research Methods in Education
- Philosophical Ideas in Education
- Sociology of Education
- Learning and Cognition
- Educational Assessment
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Models of Instruction
- Fundamentals of Instructional Technology
- Provide students with the philosophical, sociological and psychological foundations of educational practice.
- Develop skills for solving particular educational problems, whether in teaching or training.
- Provide for the acquisition of sound principles and techniques essential to work effectively in a wide range of educational settings.
- Provide students with the research tools to actively engage in educational research at the graduate level.
- Examine several model of instruction for building effective teaching to meet diverse learning needs.
- Provide educators with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote the effective use of technology in a learner-centre environment.
- Provide students with multiple means of assessing and evaluating diverse student learning.
Mode of Study :
- Blended Learning.
Duration : 2 years
No of Semesters : 6 (4 months per semester)
- Bachelor's Degree in Education recognized by AeU Senate OR
- Possess a degree and teaching experience or related experience for a period of 2 years OR
- Open entry qualification recognised by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia:
For candidates who are 35 years and above, possess STPM qualification or equivalent and have relevant prior learning experience
- Other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate