ESPACT, working with Asia E University (AeU) now offers the university’s Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education for those who are teachers in kindergartens and other early childhood education centres. The Graduate Diploma is approved by the Ministry of Education/Malaysian Qualifications Agency. The programme is taught online and on weekends. Taking just three subjects a semester, a learner would be able to complete the entire programme in just two and a half years.
ESPACT believes that the course is ideally suited for those who are already teachers in kindergartens. They only have to attend classes once a month. The fees for the programme are very affordable. You only have to pay RM12,000 for the full programme. This fee will give you additional learning support to help you with any special difficulty that you may have. For example, we have found that adult learners returning to education may need help with academic writing, whether in Bahasa or in English. ESPACT provides special classes to assist students with their writing. This will give the students more confidence and help them in their examinations.
The Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education (GDipECE) course is designed for practicing early childhood educators who want to enhance their academic and professional knowledge and skills. It is aimed at educators who want to acquire a recognised qualification in early childhood education but are unable to leave their place of work. The course will also satisfy the needs of those who want to start a career in early childhood education.
- Ethnic Relations (Hubungan Etnik)
- Educational Psychology
- Islamic and Asian Civilization (TITAS)
- Academic Writing
- Comparative Ethics
- Curriculum and Teaching Strategies
- History & Philosophy of Education
- Socio-Emotional Development of Children
- Growth & Development of Children
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- Children Learning Mathematics
- Children with Special Needs
- Language and Literacy in Young Children
- Science for Young Children
- Home-School Partnership
- Children’s Health, Nutrition & Safety
- Humanities for Young Children
- Creative Arts, Music & Movement
- Technology and Children
- CSR Project
- Trace the historical and philosophical origins of early childhood education.
- Apply knowledge of child development in planning respectful, supportive and challenging learning environments for all children.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) for young children, with sensitivity to individual needs.
- Appreciate the importance of involving parents and families as partners in the education of young children.
- Establish and maintain responsible practices for promoting childhood health, safety, and nutrition.
- Apply the organisational regulations, policies, ethical guidelines, and standards associated with the provision of early childhood education services.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach young learners a variety of teaching methods and techniques.
- Appreciate that teaching young children is an art, science, craft and profession and the need to be reflective.
Mode of Study :
- Part Time
- Blended Learning. This means that students are only required to attend 10 hours of tutorials per subject. The tutorials are conducted over weekends so that working students may not have to skip work or take leave.
Duration : 2.5 years
No of Semesters : 7 semesters
- A diploma approved by MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency) or other qualifications recognised by the AeU Senate OR
- A minimum of two (2) Principals in STPM or equivalent qualifications (eg. A-Level) OR
- Be at least 21 years of age and possess a PMR/SPM/MCE/UEC or equivalent qualification subject to an assessment of work experience and prior learning experience AND 2 years teaching experience or related experience in an education/ training institution. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION.