The Espact course on MQA Documentation is a trainer-led course conducted over 7 (seven) hours. The main objective of the course is to provide participants with a practical understanding of the documentation required for provisional and full accreditation by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and to be able to complete the documents. The course is delivered against an introductory background about higher education and the higher education system in Malaysia.
PART I INTRODUCTION
- Meaning and Importance of Higher Education, Professional Education and Technical and Vocational Education (TVET).
- The Higher Education System in Malaysia Describing the Public and Private Sectors and the Regulatory Agencies.
- Quality assurance in higher education.
- Approval, Recognition and Accreditation of Higher Education Programmes.
- The Roles of the Ministry of Higher Education and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Responsibility of institutions and staff to students.
PART II THE ACCREDITATION PROCESS
- Approval of programmes and their accreditation (provisional and full).
- The Malaysian Qualifications Framework and its role in programme accreditation.
- Quality and standards in higher education.
- The 8 levels of learning and the nomenclature of qualifications.
- Credit rating and Academic load.
- Programme standards.
- Learning outcomes and how they are written.
- Malaysian Qualification Statement.
- APEL – Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning.
- The importance of documentation to support accreditation.
Part III – PREPARING MQA DOCUMENTS 01-04
This part deals with MQA documents 01-04 through a practical hands-on approach as to how to complete these documents. Area 1: Programme Development and Delivery; Area 2: Assessment of Student Learning; Area 3: Student Selection and Support Services; Area 4: Academic Staff.